Monday, June 29, 2009

Healing at 5 frames per second


So here is a little insite into my life, I guess I am just a glutton for punishment, I pug a ton of heroics/raids ect... and until recently I was playing WoW on my poor little laptop. An average night in naxx I would see anything from 5-15 fps, tried to do one 25 man raid (naxx) and was running 2.1 fps.. glad it failed early :-). So today I managed to get some money together and pick up a new monitor for my desktop, and got WoW hooked up and running GREAT! Was having a blast and a guildy asked me to heal OK so I wanted to see what my pc was capable of so went. Was running a little over 50fps most of the run until the 2nd boss..... Half way through the fight my video card decided to die, I immediatly dropped to 5fps and stayed there the rest of the run. So much fun healing people at 5fps I think everyone need's to try it. So managed to get ahold of my uncle picked up a new video card off of him, ATI 4350 1gig ram, installing it right now hopefully I will finally be able to play WoW in real time and not thinking whats going to happen in 5 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment